Affinity Gift Officer
Job Description Summary
Responsible for the solicitation, development and execution of personal solicitations and fundraising strategies to targeted affinity communities, such as athletics, graduate students, service learning, and study abroad, to help achieve dollar and participation goals for the Bentley Fund in support of University initiatives. Reporting to the Director of Annual Giving, the Affinity Gift Officer will be assigned a portfolio of prospects and develop strategies to both engage and solicit them for gifts to the Bentley Fund.
- Create and execute strategies to meet the goals for individual prospects, as well as overall affinity giving.
- Collaborate with Alumni Engagement counterpart on affinity engagement strategies, as well as offices across campus.
- As a front-line fundraiser, this position is responsible for the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of new and increased gifts from a portfolio of prospects.
- Travel on average five days per month with a goal of ten solicitations visits per month.
- Develops an annual work plan, which includes bottom line financial fundraising goals, goals for the number of days of travel in visiting lead annual gift prospects, goals for the number of face-to-face solicitations visits, etc.
- Produce and distribute all communications to this critically important constituency including appeals, event invitation and follow-up, and stewardship efforts.
- Work with the Director of Annual Giving to set fundraising dollar and participation goals for each segment as well as the communications schedule for direct mail and email appeals.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree
- 2-4 years of fundraising experience or sales experience.
- Annual fund experience and relationship/volunteer management.
- Analytical aptitude and facility with computer systems
- Experience working with and managing volunteers
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills, with the ability to deal with alumni and volunteers with diplomacy and tact
- Must hold and maintain a valid, unrestricted United States driver's license, with an insurable driving history as determined by Bentley's insurance carrier.
- Must be able to travel approximately one week per month
- Ability and willingness to travel and work outside of regular business hours when necessary
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team environment
- Ability to adhere strictly to rules regarding confidential information
- Ability to handle multiple projects with high attention to organization and detail
- Demonstrated ability to attain goals set forth
- Must be a creative and strategic thinker
- Experience working in Higher Education
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new systems and ability to manipulate and analyze data to inform department decision-making.
- Experience managing programs independently, making process improvements, and re-imagining volunteer training programs and opportunities.
- Collaborative and collegial approach to working with teams; ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Typical office setting with extensive sitting and computer work
- Ability to travel for meetings within campus and to external locations, travel may occur outside of normal business hours including weekends and evenings
Bentley University requires references checks and may conduct other pre-employment screening.
Bentley University strives to create a campus community that welcomes the exchange of ideas, and fosters a culture that values differences and views them as a strength in our community.
Bentley University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, building strength through diversity. The University is committed to building a community of talented students, faculty and staff who reflect the diversity of global business. We strongly encourage applications from persons from underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities, covered veterans and those with diverse experiences and backgrounds. PI117951179