Champion Arbor's vision to develop engineer cell and gene therapies with partners!
Arbor Biotechnologies is seeking an experienced individual to join as our first full-time Alliance Manager. In this role you will be the primary point of contact between Arbor and our portfolio of collaboration partners. You will engage in all aspects of each relationship, including scientific, operational and contractual-related activities. You will have the opportunity to evolve the Alliance Management function, including the introduction of best practices for stakeholder management and governance. An ideal candidate would lead through influence, manage relationships by facilitating dialog and by clearly communicating Arbor's positions with respect to the partnership. For the right candidate, this role offers an opportunity to work at Arbor's fast-paced start-up environment, while still maintaining close ties to global drug development companies through the alliances you will manage. Success in your role will enable Arbor, together with our partners, to develop life-saving gene editing therapeutics for patients.
- Lead as the primary point of contact between Arbor and our collaboration partner
- Manage the overall portfolio of Arbor's collaborations, overseeing and managing joint governance activities and ensuring successful collaboration, initiation, and execution
- Proactively track, monitor, and communicate both internally and externally the contractual obligations and deliverables of both parties, to ensure responsibilities are met in accordance with the terms of collaboration
- Proactively obtain collaborator feedback on the effectiveness of the collaboration. Help to identify, facilitate, and drive changes where necessary and appropriate to maintain an effective collaboration
- Identify challenge, and implement solutions within the scope of the agreement
- Represent Arbor's best interests in the the alliance by building trust-based relationships with partner team members
- Lead alliance management meetings, including the alignment of both internal and external stakeholders, developing agendas, recording minutes and distributing relevant material
- Improve alliance management capabilities at Arbor, clarify roles and responsibilities among various stakeholders, establish best practices, and conduct external benchmarking efforts
- Partner with Arbor's R&D, business development, legal/IP, and finance functions to ensure alignment with alliance goals
- Bachelor's degree required, advanced degree preferred, preferably in life sciences, business, data science, or another related field
- 2 years of alliance management experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry required and 5+ years of related experience, including Business Development and Project Management
- Demonstrated ability to lead, influence, and drive teams without direct supervisory authority
- Able to execute in a facilitator role to drive conversation between senior executives
- Curious and solutions oriented, addressing misalignment by first understanding each parties' information bases and assumptions
- Comfort in discussing scientific topics
- Advanced presentation skills, including Powerpoint
- Attention to detail and ability to work simultaneously on multiple priorities
- Knowledge and interpretation of contractual language
- Comfort in discussing medical topics
- Familiarity with project planning tools including GANTT charts
- Experience running a Joint Steering Committee and/or Joint Research Committee
- Has presented to senior pharmaceutical and biotech executives
- Interest to potentially learn about and support other functions including Business Development
Arbor Biotechnologies is a venture-backed startup based in Cambridge, MA, composed of a small team of scientists and engineers pushing the boundaries of discovery at the intersection of computer science and biotechnology. Using our diverse backgrounds ranging from machine learning to genome engineering to protein biochemistry, we are building a platform to uncover and characterize nature's inventions on an unprecedented scale to generate impactful applications in human health and sustainability.
We seek highly-motivated individuals with the dedication, integrity, and creative spirit needed to thrive in an innovative company. Working at Arbor offers a unique opportunity that combines the fast pace and growth opportunities of a startup with the intellectual rigor and creativity of academia. Our salaries are competitive, our benefits are generous, and our team is exceptional.
Arbor Biotechnologies is proud to be an inclusive workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.