Assistant Coach, Football
Job Description Summary
Responsible for assisting the Head Coach in all aspects of running an intercollegiate Football program. The Assistant Coach assists in teaching/coaching student athletes all aspects of the sport in a manner that supports the quality and integrity of the program and the overall mission of Bentley University.
Individual duties may vary by sport to include some or all of the following:
- Responsible for assisting the Head Coach in conducting practice and game coaching in compliance with the University andNCAArules and regulations. This may include: preparing effective game strategies; using proven and effective coaching techniques; designing and coordinating practice sessions for the team
- Assisting on location before, during and after competition.
- Direct aspects of the practices.
- Contribute to developing individual and team conditioning programs in pursuit of overall team goals.
- Assist with the development of student-athletes, and apply innovative coaching techniques to motivate individuals to perform at their peak abilities.
- Provide appropriate leadership, direction and supervision relevant to the academic progress and personal development of student-athletes.
- Assist in the recruitment and retention of academically and athletically qualified prospective student-athletes through scouting, attending tournaments, and home visits.
- Meet with recruits while on campus
- May assist with scouting and researching opposing teams.
- Assist the Head Coach with the administrative functions within the program, including the management of budget, travel, equipment and supplies, as required or requested.
- Adhere to all conference andNCAA rules/requirements relevant to the conduct of the intercollegiate program. Assist with or coordinate team travel; assist with supervision and transport of student athletes.
- Assist Head Coach with video/breakdown analysis, and scouting of opponents as requested.
- Train with student-athletes who may need additional time or individual coaching in order to maintain and improve their abilities.
- Communicate with individuals who contact Bentley about the program, and answer inquiries as needed via e-mail, telephone or mail.
- Maintain positive public and alumni relations; represent Bentley in a professional way as host and visitor to other teams.
- Assist with other administrative or coaching duties as requested by the Head Coach, or when needed in the absence of the Head Coach.
- A minimum of 2 years coaching experience or 4 years of collegiate playing experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of innovative and proven coaching strategies and techniques.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities, with a commitment to developing and maintaining a positive and productive playing environment for all team members.
- Proven ability to provide mentoring and leadership to student-athletes and a commitment to student-athlete welfare.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and adherence toNCAArules/ requirements relevant to the conduct of an intercollegiate program.
- Proven ability to work effectively with diverse groups.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and decision making skills.
- Ability to work and/or travel a flexible schedule to include evening, weekend, or limited overnight assignments.
- Must hold and maintain a valid, unrestricted United States driver's license, with an insurable driving history as determined by Bentley's insurance carrier.
- The work environment includes standard office time, but more often time is spent outside on the playing fields at practices or games.
- A significant amount of time is also spent at traveling tournaments for recruiting purposes and other gym/training facilities.
- Physical skill and effort is very important for this position.
- Every practice involves physical effort whether it be demonstrating a skill or conditioning.
Bentley University requires references checks and may conduct other pre-employment screening.
Bentley University strives to create a campus community that welcomes the exchange of ideas, and fosters a culture that values differences and views them as a strength in our community.
Bentley University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, building strength through diversity. The University is committed to building a community of talented students, faculty and staff who reflect the diversity of global business. We strongly encourage applications from persons from underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities, covered veterans and those with diverse experiences and backgrounds.