DCIO of Engineering
Title: DCIO of Engineering
Pay Grade: SM2
Starting Pay: $115,943.04
Departmental Mission Statement: Enhance access to justice through the effective use of technology. Partner with Judges and all Court Staff to use technology to speed the delivery of justice. Build a culture that values transparency, collaboration, inclusivity and continuous improvement.
Notes:Compensationcommensurate with experience.Please upload a current resume during the application process.
This requisition will remain open until filled; however, first consideration will be given to those applicants that apply within the first 14 days.
Position Summary:The Deputy Chief Information Officer of Infrastructure Engineering will play a pivotal role in the modernization of our server and network infrastructure, aimed at meeting the evolving technology requirements to support the Courts' Digital Transformation initiatives. In this influential role, you will lead the design and planning processes, identifying, and implementing cutting-edge technology solutions that are essential for advancing the digital transformation agenda of the organization. Collaboration with peers in the Judicial Information Systems Department (JISD) will be a cornerstone of this role, ensuring seamless integration and realization of the benefits offered by the new systems. We are seeking a visionary leader who can shape our infrastructure strategy and translate it into actionable and transformative plans for our institution.
This is a unique opportunity to be at the forefront of technological innovation and make a lasting impact on the efficiency and effectiveness of the judicial system through strategic infrastructure development. The successful candidate will need to possess a deep understanding of both technical and organizational dynamics, combined with the ability to inspire and lead a team towards a future where technology empowers justice.
Supervision Received:The Deputy Chief Information Officer of Infrastructure Engineering reports to the First Deputy Chief Information Officer and receives general direction in performing duties in accordance with established guidelines.
Duties: • Develop and execute a strategic roadmap for infrastructure modernization and cloud adoption.
• Identify and evaluate emerging technologies to drive innovation in infrastructure.
• Lead the planning and execution of a seamless transition to cloud-based infrastructure, ensuring scalability, security, and cost-effectiveness.
• Identify and implement state-of-the-art monitoring and alerting systems to proactively identify and address issues in real-time.
• Define KPIs and SLAs to measure infrastructure performance and reliability.
• Collaborate with peers in JISD and other stakeholders to design efficient, secure, and reliable infrastructure solutions.
• Ensure adherence to best practices and industry standards in design.
• Provide technical mentorship, guidance, and professional development opportunities to project team members.
• Partner closely with the First Deputy and the CIO to develop implementation and operating budget estimates as part of major project evaluation.
• Ensure planned benefits are realized on major projects.
• Collaborate with and leverage project managers to support major initiatives.
• Establish and maintain relationships with vendors and partners to leverage their expertise and solutions.
• Partner with the Executive Branch to leverage potential synergies.
• Work closely with the Information Security Team to implement secure solutions.
• Assist Infrastructure, Applications, and Support team when requested with our most difficult technical issues.
Job Competencies:All applicants must be able, through the interview process, to prove efficiency in the following areas:
Ethics and Values Communicates and demonstrates the ethics and values of the Judicial Branch.
Mission Understands, upholds, and communicates the Judicial Branch and Information Services missions.
Applied Knowledge Understands information services operations, specialized tools, applications, and software, with some understanding of the various court departments and divisions
Continuous Learning Demonstrates a commitment to continuously improve their knowledge of fast-changing computer programs, hardware and software through professional development.
Commitment to Diversity Promotes an environment of diversity through understanding, respect, and positive communication with persons of varies racial, ethnic, economic and cultural backgrounds.
Customer Service Conducts oneself in a courteous and professional manner when assisting all employees of the Judiciary, regardless of their position in the Judiciary.
Collaboration Works with others cooperatively, demonstrating a willingness to be a team player, and contributing to a work environment that focuses on shared departmental goals.
Problem Solving Accurately assesses workplace problems in JISD and recommends and facilitates appropriate solutions.
Minimum Requirements: Minimum Requirements/Qualifications
• A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science and six (6) years of experience working in the infrastructure field, three (3) years of which should be working with a large complex network;
• In lieu of a Bachelor's degree, 10 years of relevant work experience will be considered for meeting the minimum requirements.
Additional Qualifications and Skills
• Technical Proficiency: Proficiency in designing and implementing infrastructure solutions that prioritize scalability, security, and resilience.
• Problem-Solving Expertise: Exceptional problem-solving skills, with a demonstrated ability and willingness to address intricate technical and organizational challenges.
• Decisive Leadership: Strong decision-making capabilities with a track record of making sound judgments, even in high-pressure situations.
• Leadership: Proven skills in leadership, with the ability to inspire and guide a diverse staff.
• Cloud Expertise: Knowledge of cloud platforms, particularly AWS and Azure, and familiarity with best practices for cloud migration.
• Project Management: Strong project management skills, including the ability to set and manage priorities, timelines, and deliverables effectively.
• Collaboration: Demonstrated ability to collaborate seamlessly with cross-functional teams and external partners to achieve common goals.
• Virtualization Technologies: Hands-on experience with virtualization technologies, such as Citrix and VMware.
• Legal and Regulatory Awareness: Familiarity with legal and regulatory requirements related to data security and privacy within the context of the legal system, which is advantageous.
• Technological Innovation: A passion for staying current with the latest technological advancements and a commitment to driving innovation in infrastructure solutions.
• Strategic Planning: Experience in developing technology roadmaps and high-level budgets to support long-term infrastructure goals.
Closing Date/Time: 2024-02-12