Amherst has taken a leadership role among highly selective liberal arts colleges and universities in successfully diversifying the racial, socio-economic, and geographic profile of its student body. The College is similarly committed to enriching its educational experience and its culture through the diversity of its faculty, administration and staff.
Amherst College invites applications for the Development Assistant position. The Development Assistant is a part-time, casual position, with no benefits. Given Amherst's distinction as one of the most diverse liberal arts colleges in the country, the successful candidate will demonstrate the w ays in which they bring value to and will work towards supporting a broadly diverse community.
The Development Assistant maintains and updates the Museum's constituent database. Responsibilities include entering, processing, and receipting donations, entering constituent data, maintaining data integrity, generating queries and reports, providing support for other Museum staff in accessing and analyzing data.
Summary of Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Executes data input, including entering new data, updating constituent information, maintaining the database, and running updates
• Prepares data for Museum mailings
• Produces reports and assists with the general analysis of data
• Turn qualitative questions into research queries and reports
• Inputs gifts and pledges into Museum database
• Produces gift acknowledgments
• Serves as back-up for gift processing
Assistance with Prospect Research
• Assist with research and data projects
• Add appropriate materials to donor files and create or archive files as needed
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite, experience with databases
• Demonstrated high level of attention to detail and accuracy
• Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated organizational and time management skills including prioritizing multiple tasks
• Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
• Commitment to working with a diverse and inclusive community
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience with Blackbaud's e-Tapestry
• Experience in fundraising
Interested candidates are asked to submit a resume and cover letter online at https://amherst.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/Amherst_Jobs . Please be sure to upload all requested documents in the first step of the application process. Applications cannot be revised once submitted. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
To find information about job group and level (JGL) follow this link.