Grad Intern- Biological Relevance & Characterization (Materials Science)
Job ID: R-112027
Location: Cambridge, MA, US
Amgen's 10 - 12 week internship program offers meaningful project experiences that impact patient's lives. This internship provides the opportunity for executive and social networking events and to participate in community volunteer projects while providing a competitive compensation.
Relocation in the form of a miscellaneous allowance will be provided for eligible candidates
During this programyou will work under the guidance of Materials Science, Biological Relevance & Characterization group in Attribute Sciences and will learn about data systems and use data analytics to generate material attribute insights. You will be exposed to deep technical matters relating to material sciences, data management & modeling, and predictive analytics, as well as nurture team-based leadership attributes focused on collaborative science-based decision making. Specifically, the project focuses on:
• Develop automated capability to read, visualize data and convert data from multiple sources into the format that is available for analysis and modeling; developing ways for scientists to utilize data in TIBCO Spotfire. Data sources include external supplier data, as well as internal raw material and process data
• Demonstrate the utility of the framework in a real-world use case for a raw material used in unit operations such as cell culture, purification, or formulation
Amgen requires that all individuals applying for a grad internship or a co-op assignment at Amgen must meet the following criteria:
- 18 years or older
- Graduated with a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a 3.0 minimum GPA or equivalent
- Currently enrolled in an MBA program for an MBA internship OR a Master's program for a Master's internship OR a PharmD program for a PharmD internship OR PhD for a PhD internship from an accredited college or university and completion of the first year of MBA OR Master's OR Pharm D OR PhD program before internship starts
- Enrolled in an accredited college or university following the potential internship or co-op assignment
- Must not be employed at the time the internship starts
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.