Grad Intern – Process Development (Pivotal Synthetic Drug Product)
Job ID: R-112909
Location: Cambridge, MA, US
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Do more with the knowledge you'reworkinghard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen our shared mission-to serve patients-drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world's leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide.Through this program, you will acquire the valuable hands-on skills and foundational experience to become the professional you are meant to be in your chosen field.
Grad Intern - Process Development (Pivotal Synthetic Drug Product)
This could be your everyday
Let's do this.Let's change the world. During this programyou will work under the guidance of Pivotal Synthetic Drug Product Technologies to help drive Amgen's drug product process development digitalization initiative by using your engineering and data science expertise.
- Develop a strong understanding of synthetic drug product development and data generated in the process.
- Develop a framework to transfer process and analytical data from electronic notebook into electronic data lake.
- Perform data analytics and process modeling to compare multi product data and predict future product performance for selected processes.
- Develop TIBCO Spotfire reports to enable automated data visualization and analytics.
- Collaborate and engage with multiple teams including equipment owners, users, electronic notebook and data lake support teams.
- Ensure adoption of data analytics tool across drug product technologies teams through staff trainings and demonstrations.
- Present project outcomes to drug product technologies leadership.
Here's what it takes to Win
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The highly motivatedindividualwe seek isa critical thinker, problem solver and independent researcher with these qualifications.
Amgen requires that all individuals applying for a grad internship or a co-op assignment at Amgen must meet the following criteria:
18 years or older
Graduated with a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a 3.0 minimum GPA or equivalent
Currently enrolled in a Master's program for a Master's internship OR PhD for a PhD internship from an accredited college or university and completion of the first year of Master's OR PhD program before internship starts
Enrolled in an accredited college or university following the potential internship or co-op assignment
Must not be employed at the time the internship starts
Currently pursuing PhD in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Material Science, Engineering or related fields
Graduated with a Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Data Science or similar.
Understanding of small molecule drug product manufacturing/ development processes. A plus is the understanding of material sciences of solids/powders.
Experience with data science and data analytics principles, and data visualization tools (Spotfire, Tableau, etc.)
Experience with programming languages such as Python, R.
Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with multiple teams
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates' professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Build a network of colleagues that will endure and grow throughout your time with us and beyond.
- Bring your authentic self to the table and become the professional you're inspired to be through accepting culture that values diversity of thought and experience, and will flex to your strengths and possibilities.
- Participate in executive and social networking events, as well as community volunteer projects.
for an internshipthat defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
careers.amgen.com . Please search for Keyword 112909
Equal Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.