Intern, Data and Workforce Innovation
Jobs For the Future
Jobs for the Future is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status. Jobs for the Future requests priority referrals of Protected Veterans for this job opening, and all other externally posted company employment opportunities.
JFF is a national nonprofit that drives transformation in the American workforce and education systems. For over 35 years, JFF has led the way in designing innovative and scalable solutions that create access to economic advancement for all. Learn more about JFF and join us as we build a future that works.
About the position:
Reporting to the Director of Data Services, the Intern is an integral, though temporary, part of JFFLabs data function. The Intern will provide crucial support to the team by solving problems, interacting with data stakeholders, and conducting research that will culminate in a final presentation.
What you'll do:
- Apply Data Science techniques to help solve problems / challenges presently being faced in the workforce development community
- Research and analytics activities
- Data sourcing and collection
- Data preparation for use in machine learning and other data science algorithms
- Identify key questions and hypothesis that need to be answered
- Identify appropriate techniques, data models and training data to help solve the problem statement
- Develop techniques to measure and monitor performance and accuracy of model
- Present results using data visualization techniques among others
Interact with Internal and External Data Stakeholders
- Participate in current project activities of JFFs growing Data Services team
- Attending meetings with partners, understanding and documenting their needs, and manipulating data sets provided by select partners
- Assist with external project communication, writing, and email correspondence
- Assist in the development of Data Science Use Case examples for education and workforce development
- Research and present to the JFFLabs team a workforce development issue of your choosing that would benefit from modern data techniques and advance
Who you are:
- You possess high energy and passion for JFFs mission; ability to apply JFFs core values to all areas of your work
- You model inclusive leadership, working effectively with diverse staff, and building and stewarding an organizational culture that embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion
- You build positive, effective, collaborative cultures and teams wherever you work
- You are a curious and adaptive learner, with a willingness to take in new information, perspectives and data to inform your work
- You demonstrate a growth mindset and a desire to continuously improve in your work and approach
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at JFF:
JFF is committed to sustaining a diverse community with a work environment that is welcoming, respectful, and encouraging to all. JFF fosters a culture of inclusion that celebrates and cultivates diversity along multiple dimensions, including race, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin, socioeconomic status, religion, ability, culture, and experience.
As part of your application, please include your resume and a thoughtful cover letter, addressed to Eshwar Eswaran, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position.
JFF offers a competitive salary and benefits package , commensurate with experience and skills.