Manager, Administration & Facilities
The Manager, Administration and Facilities will oversee the efficient operations of our office facility and manage a team of Executive Assistants. The ideal candidate will possess excellent leadership skills, a keen eye for detail, and a proactive approach to problem-solving. The Manager will be responsible for maintaining a productive and comfortable work environment, coordinating office resources, and overseeing and coordinating the activities of the executive assistants, ensuring seamless support to senior executives. This position will collaborate closely with all teams across the organization including HR, IT, Compliance, Finance, Internal comms etc.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Executive Administration Oversight:
- Manage and lead a team of Executive Assistants (EAs), providing leadership, guidance, and mentorship.
- Promote a collaborative and inclusive hybrid work environment that values diversity and inclusion.
- Collaborate with executive leadership to set clear performance expectations, conduct regular performance reviews, and provide timely feedback.
- Coordinate the priorities of the EAs when needed. Ensure efficient distribution of tasks and workloads and manage deadlines effectively.
- Identify training needs and provide resources to help EAs enhance their skills and knowledge.
- Act as a change agent in connection with the roll out of new tools, technologies or processes and ensure administrative team is trained and equipped to support others in the organization.
- Address any conflicts or issues within the team promptly and professionally, fostering a positive and cohesive work environment.
Office Facility Operations:
- Coordinate and oversee the maintenance and repair of office facilities including IT and AV equipment, including managing building/landlord relationship and other relevant vendor relationships, scheduling services, and ensuring a safe and comfortable working environment.
- Monitor office supply inventory and anticipate needs to ensure smooth operations.
- Manage hoteling system, visitor access and other office tools that support an effective hybrid workplace.
- Develop and implement office policies and procedures to optimize workflows and enhance efficiency and productivity.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety and security & privacy regulations, identifying potential risks and implementing corrective actions as necessary.
- Act as the primary point of contact for facility-related emergencies and address any urgent issues promptly.
- Foster a positive office culture by promoting open communication, celebrating milestones, and resolving conflicts.
- Monitor and manage office budgets, expenses, and invoices related to facilities and administrative functions.
- Stay updated on industry trends and best practices to continuously improve office management strategies.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, facilities management, or a related field (or equivalent work experience).
- Proven experience in office management, facilities management, or a similar role, with a track record of successfully leading teams.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, capable of collaborating with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Proficiency in office software and tools, including MS Office Suite and facilities management software.
- Demonstrated problem-solving abilities and a proactive approach to addressing issues.
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations and compliance standards related to office facilities.
- Exceptional leadership and motivational skills to inspire and guide the team effectively.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to maintaining a polished and professional office environment.
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances and make informed decisions under pressure.
- Incumbent must be able to communicate effectively.
- Manual dexterity and sitting is required in carrying out position own position responsibilities (i.e., use of personal computer).
- Ability to travel or move about within and outside serviced facilities required.
- Incumbent works primarily on-site in either a private or shared office environment. The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform this position.
** In accordance with CareQuest Institute for Oral Health's Compliance Plan, all employees must conduct CareQuest Institute for Oral Health business and activities in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, professional standards and ethical standards and report potential compliance or ethical issues to CareQuest Institute for Oral Health's designated Compliance Officer. **
CareQuest Institute for Oral Health's Affirmative Action Program affirms our commitment to make reasonable accommodation for known physical or mental limitation of otherwise-qualified individuals with disabilities or special disabled veterans, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business and activities. Please see Human Resources for additional information regarding this program.