Market Sales Leader – CPG
The Market Sales Leader is responsible for leading the execution of DSD route sales in the market place. Success will be defined by sales growth, superior freshness, quality and profit growth, through continuous improvement.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Deliver on key performance indicators for revenue, volume and controllable expenses (freshness, inventory and labor) in order to achieve the key objectives for assigned sales area.
- Develop strategic plans to deliver on sales targets in order to grow overall business within existing accounts and pursue business relationships with expansion customers to generate new business.
- Engage sales people in all facets of planning route sales activity, including order management, daily distribution, merchandising, promotional activity, and holiday planning in order to meet the customers' in store expectations.
- Hold sales people accountable for meeting key performance targets; execute procedures and programs to increase team productivity, team effectiveness, & quality of work.
- Hold merchandisers accountable for the execution of world class merchandising and meeting customers' expectations for down day service.
- Engage and develop core competencies in sales people through training, coaching, mentoring, and consistent performance feedback in order to grow overall business.
- Utilize sales data to help drive effective decisions with the sales person as well as drive brand growth with customers through the acquisition of new space and displays.
- Establish effective customer relationships to initiate and maximize sales in retail, restaurant, and institutional customers; ensure client retention by exceeding expectations with new and current customers.
- Execute on all growth opportunities to grow market share on strategic brands through the execution of incremental displays.
- Foster an atmosphere of continuous improvement to include the development of self, others, and work processes.
- Responsible for recruiting sales people and supporting route splits and route productivity initiatives.
- Maintain accounts receivable, payment due balances, and SBT accounts per policy.
- Achieve the field safety goals; deliver on safety awareness programs accordingly to eliminate unsafe acts, eliminate workplace injuries, and lead local organization to achieve the goal of zero injuries.
- Seek potential new business and perform special projects and assignments as requested by Leadership.
- May need to provide route coverage for unplanned vacancies in Route Sales Professionals and Independent Business Partners when necessary.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Bachelor Degree in business or related field preferred.
Ideal candidate will possess:
- 3-5 years of related experience in customer relations or sales. DSD experience is a plus.
- At least 6 months experience leading and influencing others.
- A combination of education, training and experience that results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be substituted.
- Requires excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as the ability to effectively negotiate and influence others.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Computer skills and proficiency, specifically PowerPoint, Excel, and Word is required.
- Must be able to acquire and maintain a DOT Medical card
- Bilingual - English/Spanish a plus.
- Travel Required.
Key Behavioral Competencies:
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to respond effectively to direction if needed; works primarily as an independent contributor.
- Guides junior colleagues to set tasks and achieve objectives within project timeline.
- Accountable to lead entire projects having modest scope/impact or portions of projects having considerable scope/impact to business results.
- Ability to manage an advanced area of work.
- Ability to manage a moderately complex problem.
- Ability to exchange information and communicate messages to reach consensus.
- Ability to manage a project budget.
CPG, CPGjobs, Consumer Goods, Consumer Packaged Goods