Operational Support Manager
Are you looking for a meaningful career opportunity with an organization that values your goals, efforts, and dedication? We'd love for you to join our team at The Hope Group! The Hope Group, a SunSource company, offers access to a wide variety of career opportunities and strives to recognize and reward our associates for their hard work and commitment. If you have a desire to learn in a dynamic team environment that champions personal growth and development, we want to hear from you! We are currently seeking a Purchasing & Operational Support Manager in Northborough, MA.
Direct and coordinate the activities of The Hope Group's Purchasing and Operations department, engaged in the management and procurement of inventory for all profit centers. Manage and maintain all processes and Tribute (ERP System) records related to purchasing and inventory control programs, including, but not limited to, bills of materials, agent orders, returns, vendor credits, customer credits, warranties, rebates, inventory protection agreements, freight recovery, contract pricing support, branch support, and related training activities.
Formalize, maintain and continuously improve BMS (Business Management System) policies, processes and work instructions related to purchasing and return schedules, expediting, rebates, inventory adjustments, vendor credits, price increases, database maintenance, agent order reconciliation and the addition of new inventory items.
Overall responsibilities include, engagement in, as well as the management of personnel engaged in: the buying of inventory, equipment, and machinery, for all profit centers. Responsibilities also include the maintenance of inventory records and the continuous improvement of related processes designed to prevent excess inventory and liquidation expense, while optimizing inventory turns, fill rates and service levels. Included is the responsibility for the development and implementation of redundant systems and processes for purchasing, inventory control and operational support services.
- Direct, supervise and support the activities of the purchasing and operations department. Delegate work and projects to subordinates as required.
- Work with the Director of Operations on overall inventory stocking strategy and controls.
- Maintain strategic supplier relationships, identify new suppliers as required and recommend the consolidation of existing suppliers for best advantage.
- Negotiate prices for non-distributor lines as required and make purchases based on total cost including price, delivery and inventory carrying cost considerations.
- Manage the processes and personnel responsible for the timely and accurate procurement of inventory for all profit centers.
- Manage the processes and personnel responsible for the timely and accurate procurement of expense items such as office supplies, equipment, computer supplies, service contracts, printed materials, and packaging and warehouse materials.
- Manage the processes and personnel responsible for the timely execution of annual and non-annual returns.
- Manage the processes and personnel responsible for the timely reconciliation of all vendor credits.
- Manage the processes and personnel responsible for the timely execution of customer credits.
- Manage the processes and personnel responsible for proactive and reactive vendor expediting.
- Manage the processes and personnel responsible for mitigating and reconciling freight expense.
- Manage the processes and personnel responsible for agent order processing and reconciliation.
- Tribute Maintenance - Review and maintain Tribute records as it relates to inventory master and detail records, product code maintenance, vendor records, customer records, OPS structures and system pricing.
- Review Simplex Fabrication Orders - Manage the review of Simplex Fabrication jobs, which includes customer purchase order reviews, drawing reviews, and coordination of drawings. Work with sales to develop bills of material and accurate OPS structures. Order material, coordinate labor with Production Manager and release orders to the floor for production.
- Assist in the maintenance of customer pricing files including blanket purchase order and inventory agreements.
- Assist in the maintenance of vendor pricing records in Tribute. Coordinate the implementation of annual vendor prices increases with IT.
- Support The Hope Group Business Management System [BMS], by supporting the continuous improvement of its policies, processes and work instructions. Assist in the management of processes and personnel responsible for maintaining ISO compliance at the South Portland facility.
To learn more about SunSource, visit our web site at www.sun-source.com and www.thehopegroup.com
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We participate in the EVERIFY program.