Community Resources for Justice
Job ID: 2021-5076
# of Openings: 1
Category: Human Resources
At CRJ we change lives and strengthen communities by advancing policy and delivering individualized services that promote safety, justice, and inclusion.
Responsible for managing all aspects of bi-weekly payroll processing. This position will collect and enter employment data, audit compensation for accuracy, ensure payroll is processed timely, resolve any payroll errors, and prepare checks.
May perform one or more of the following:
- Collect, verify, and/or enter employment and timekeeping data.
- Compute wages, adjustments, deductions, etc.
- Process special payrolls including bonuses, and year-end adjustments to payroll.
- Update payroll information for promotions, transfers, terminations, and new hires.
- Prepare and process paychecks and cash deposits.
- Field question, gather paystubs, and assist with staff on completing tax forms.
- Investigate and resolve payroll discrepancies.
- Prepare payroll reports for management, as well as auditing purposes.
- Update and maintain employee records.
- Collaborates with HR Generalist to ensure a fully integrated Human Resource Information System for benefits and payroll functionality including related policies and procedures.
- Performs other job related projects and activities as requested.
Core Employee Competencies:
Staffing & Development
Problem Solving & Decision Making
Strong communication skills
Constant exposure to computer screens
Lifting up to 25 lbs.
Special Work Conditions: Knowledge/Skills/Experience Required:
Knowledge of personnel policies and procedures, and Payroll compliance
High level of professionalism
Strong attention to detail and superior organizational skills
Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint - highly proficient in Excel)
1 to 3 years' experience in payroll administration.
- Bachelor's degree in HR, finance, or a related field (education may be substituted for equivalent experience)
- Experience with HRIS systems (Ceridian-DayForce is a plus)
- Multistate experience ideal
- Good working knowledge of payroll practices and tax laws.
- Compensation experience is a plus
CRJ provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.