Simpson Gumpertz & Heger
Do you want to work for one of the top engineering firms in the country?
Simpson Gumpertz & Heger Inc. (SGH) is a national engineering firm that designs, investigates, and rehabilitates structures, building enclosures, and materials. Our award-winning work encompasses building, energy, civil/infrastructure, and science/defense projects in the United States, Canada, and more than thirty additional countries.
We want someone passionate about engineering mechanics and problem solving.
Our EMI team at SGH is always looking for great talent and especially people who enjoy solving difficult problems in a creative way. Engineering Mechanics and Infrastructure (EMI) applies engineering mechanics, materials science, numerical simulation, innovative technologies, and collective expertise to solve our clients toughest problems in an inspiring work environment that nurtures life-long learning and growth. A successful candidate for EMI may work on projects related to buildings, bridges, pipelines, nuclear facilities, tanks, rail vehicles, rotating equipment, precision observatory structures, and other non-building structures and systems.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Perform structural analyses under supervision.
- Design new structures and repairs of existing structures.
- Perform linear and nonlinear finite element analyses, under supervision, using programs such as Abaqus and ANSYS.
- Work on routine problems independently and on project teams.
- Assist in preparation of proposals, letters, reports, calculations, drawings, specifications, budgeting, scheduling, and client communication.
- Review work by technicians, draftsmen, and others assisting the project team.
- Conduct field inspections.
- Conduct engineering calculations, using software such as Matlab and Mathcad.
What You'll Need:
- 2+ years of professional experience in engineering mechanics, structural dynamics, and finite element analysis (FEA) with Master of Science or Master of Engineering in Structural Engineering
-- OR --
- 0+ years of professional experience in engineering mechanics, structural dynamics, and finite element analysis (FEA) with Doctorate in Structural Engineering
- Ability to obtain Professional Engineer (PE) or Structural Engineer (SE) registration within five years.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact professionally with technical staff and clients
- Have proficient computer program skills, in programing languages such as Python and VBA
- Ability to travel and perform field inspection of structures under supervision.
- Valid drivers license with an acceptable Motor Vehicle Report, if applicable
Why You'll Like Working at SGH:
- Our work: Our clients trust us with their most challenging projects and we leverage our collective expertise to deliver exceptional results. At SGH, you will develop innovative solutions for the built environment by working with industry thought leaders and accessing the latest in testing, research, and technology.
- Our people: We are people of high character and diverse talents who are committed to lifelong learning and professional growth. As part of our team, you will join peers who love solving difficult problems and strive to be outstanding in everything they do.
- Our commitment: We live with integrity and embrace an obligation to give back. Here, you can help advance our profession by contributing to industry organizations, committees, standards, and procedures. Within our communities, we strive to improve neighborhoods and mentor our future leaders.
- Our contribution: At SGH, you have access to a comprehensive and rich compensation and benefits package with company-paid and voluntary programs to help build healthy lifestyles, strong relationships, and future prosperity.
SGH has 600 employees and offices in Boston; Chicago; Houston; New York City; San Francisco; Southern California; and Washington, DC.
SGH is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value diversity in our workforce. We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all job applicants and employees. We consider all qualified applicants and encourage individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to apply. If the application system is not accessible to you, or you need a reasonable accommodation to apply due to a disability, please email email@example.com.