Project Coordinator (remote)
Human Services Research Institute (HSRI) is seeking a full-time Project Coordinator to support projects to strengthen grassroots advocacy and person-centered practices. The Project Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating, implementing, and executing project work providing technical assistance and resources to support federal, state, county, and local leaders interested in transforming human service systems.
We're looking for an experienced Project Coordinator with a passion for systems change who wants to be part of an innovative, cross-disciplinary team. A commitment to promoting disability justice, equity, person-centered services, and wellness across the lifespan is essential.
Who We Are
Human Services Research Institute (HSRI) is a nonprofit organization that conducts research and evaluation to improve health and human service systems. We work at the local, state, and federal levels. Our goal is to help public agencies understand and demonstrate the real-world impact of the services they provide, helping them transform their policies and practice to improve their outcomes.
Our teams have an unwavering commitment to envisioning equitable policies and solutions that create a stronger society for us all. HSRI is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse team, bringing as many possible perspectives as possible to bear on services that can profoundly affect people's health and well-being by addressing social determinants of health. We are committed to building an inclusive environment where people of all backgrounds can come to do their best work.
What We're Looking For
We're looking for a detail-oriented person who enjoys working as part of a team. The ideal candidate is highly organized and can assist with the development of project workplans, deliverables, and timelines, and ensure work is being done consistently and effectively. The successful applicant will be a capable liaison between content experts, technical staff, and state agency and advocacy organization partners to ensure accurate and timely completion of project deliverables.
Additional important qualities include an interest in disability and human service policy or service systems; a demonstrated approach to developing positive, trusting, and engaging relationships with clients, consultants, and community members; and someone who listens and contributes to a sharing of diverse perspectives. We anticipate a strong applicant will bring lived experience of using systems as well as experience changing systems, either as an advocate or a staff person.
- Coordinate project activities, resources, deliverables, and information gathering.
- Lead and assist with the coordination of large and cross-functional team meetings, involving staff and clients.
- Ensure that goals and actions are completed on time and within scope, by monitoring and measuring project performance as needed.
- Assist with project activities, such as developing agendas, scheduling meetings, compiling notes, data, preparing ad hoc reports and presentations, and assisting with special projects.
- Monitor and track documents and resources, and maintain records in accordance with established procedures.
- Ensure projects and team members have the tools, equipment, and information necessary to accomplish tasks.
- Review project deliverables for accuracy.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate activities of environmental scans across multiple projects efficiently and effectively.
- Develop and disseminate project communication tools (agenda, minutes, action items, schedules) as needed.
- Create and share content for social media across multiple platforms.
- Maintain project website content.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent with a minimum of 5 years' related experience.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Microsoft applications - specifically, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure and visible environment.
- Strong initiative and high personal standards of performance.
- Commitment to teamwork and team building.
- Clear understanding of and commitment to HSRI's mission.
- Proficient interpersonal communications.
- Ability to effectively coordinate activities within projects.
- Ability to effectively work in a team driven environment.
- Ability to work independently and with geographically diverse teams.
- Critical attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience in problem solving and ability to balance competing priorities.
- Lived experience of disability and/or of using long-term service and support systems.
- Experience engaging in human service system change efforts (advocacy, reform, and/or quality improvement) either as a staff person or an advocate.
- Professional and lived experience reflecting a range of roles within service delivery system, or more than 3 years' experience.
- Familiarity with disability justice and disability services and supports systems.
- Experience with developing content in Plain Language / Easy read versions.
- Knowledge and understanding of project management tools and standards.
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgements.
- Strong meeting management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communications.
- Must be a self-sufficient, self-starter able to learn quickly and know when to ask questions.
- Demonstrated experience with tracking and reporting progress towards project deliverables.
- Expertise with social media content creation and post management tools.
- Expertise with website content management platforms.
Full-time, Monday-Friday, 40 hours per week
This is a remote position with an option to work from our Cambridge, MA, office, which is accessible by public transportation. HSRI does not permit remote work arrangements based in California, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, and outside the United States. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S.
HSRI offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Education Assistance Program
$48,275 - $63,575
Pay is commensurate with skills and experience.
For more information on HSRI, please visit www.hsri.org .
How to Apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a Cover Letter and Resume/CV through HSRI's Career Center .
You can copy/paste the URL into your browser: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=hsri&ccId=19000101_000001&type=MP&lang=en_US
You can also mail materials to:
Attention: Human Resources
Human Services Research Institute
2336 Massachusetts Ave.
Cambridge, MA 02140
No phone calls or email inquiries, please.