Senior Project Manager
Located in the U.S. and a subsidiary of Kongsberg Maritime, Hydroid is the world's most trusted manufacturer of advanced Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs). Our marine robotics systems provide innovative and reliable full-picture solutions for the marine research, defense, hydrographic and offshore/energy markets. Our products represent the most advanced, diversified and field-proven family of AUVs and AUV support systems in the world.
Hydroid employees are passionate about their work and strive to produce top-quality products and service. All products are designed and manufactured at the Hydroid facilities in Pocasset, MA.
Ensure the successful delivery of company projects on time, cost, and quality. Participate in full-cycle project development from initial customer proposal to final acceptance test. Oversee all aspects of multiple projects using planning, monitoring, and controlling processes.
- Ensure successful delivery of backlog business at agreed to time, cost and quality.
- Coordinate with sales, engineering and production to define the scope of work for assigned projects and develop initial project plan, including initial schedule, cost budget, resource budget and associated forecasting.
- Identify assumptions and constraints (technical, schedule, resource, budget) for each project.
- Develop and maintain Project Risk Response plans for each project.
- Manage each project budget maintaining variance to original cost estimates.
- Develop and maintain project dashboard that highlights cost, schedule and resource variances from original plan and highlights current Risk Response actions to correct variances.
- Facilitate regular, professional team meetings across project team with active follow-up action items.
- Communicate all pertinent information to the engineering, production and quality teams and all stakeholders.
- Provide input to employee performance appraisals.
- Monitor, control, and communicate to corporate management the status of projects, with attention to resource utilization, project costs and risk management.
- Utilize technical leadership expertise to build effective teams.
- Utilize positive leadership style to build motivated teams.
- Utilize effective supervisory skills to improve processes, resolve conflicts.
- Provide continuous superior customer service.
- 10/15% Work/travel aboard offshore vessels as required.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree with discipline in mechanical, electrical or software engineering; and 2-4 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience; and five years project management.
- Master of Science (M.S.) preferred
- Good working skills with Microsoft Word; Microsoft Office; Microsoft Excel; Internet Explorer; graphic software; Microsoft Project, Microsoft Access and Deltek.
- The ideal candidate is an individual that can work in a fast-paced environment; with a high attention to detail, excellent problem-solving skills, ability to multi-task and enthusiastic attitude.
A condition of this position will require the successful Applicant to pass a government security investigation and must subsequently receive authorization to access US Department of Defense Controlled Unclassified Information ("CUI") and potentially classified information.
We offer a very competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including 75% company paid medical and dental insurance. The company also offers paid Life, STD, LTD, tuition reimbursement and 401K with company match, and more.
Hydroid is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/AA/M/F/V/D Employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need assistance with the application process as a result of your disability please call 1-508-563-6565 or mail your request to 1 Henry Drive, Pocasset, MA 02559, Attn: Employment Application Assistance.
Don't forget to check us out here!