Senior Research Associate, Translational Sciences
Transform novel gene-editing technologies into powerful therapeutic tools!
The therapeutic team at Arbor Biotechnologies is looking for a Senior Research Associate (SRA) interested in applying and advancing technologies to develop novel therapeutic gene-editing products. We're seeking highly-motivated individuals with the dedication, integrity, and creative spirit needed to thrive in an innovative company. Working at Arbor offers a unique opportunity that combines the fast pace and growth opportunities with intellectual rigor and creativity. Our salaries are competitive, our benefits are generous, and our team is exceptional.
The Senior RA, Translational Sciences , will have a rare opportunity to make a broad impact on Arbor's critical path and overall productivity. This role will have exposure to several teams at Arbor, focusing on leveraging gene editing tools to develop curative products. The ideal candidate will have significant research experience, excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, a strong desire to learn, and the ability and self-motivation to work independently.
- Design and conduct experiments with limited supervision from scientists
- Perform mammalian cell culture and transfection of engineered cell lines
- Prepare DNA libraries for Illumina next generation sequencing
- Document, compile, and analyze experimental data
- Communicate results at team meetings, contribute to project and experiment planning
- Develop and maintain protocols, operational processes, and best practices
- Bachelor's degree in biology, molecular biology, or related field with 1-2 years relevant experience or Master's degree in biology, molecular biology, or related field with 1+ years of relevant experience
- Strong experience with mammalian cell culture and aseptic techniques
- Experience with transfection/transduction protocols, next generation sequencing
- Experience with PCR, molecular cloning, common biochemical assays
- Previous laboratory experience with strong knowledge of molecular biology, molecular cloning, biochemistry, and next generation sequencing techniques
- Strong work ethic and motivation with attention to detail
- Previous experience working with CRISPR-Cas gene editing systems
- Experience with culturing human primary cells or iPSCs
- Industry experience
- Familiarity with MATLAB, Python, or similar to analyze large datasets
Arbor Biotechnologies is a venture-backed startup based in Cambridge, MA, composed of a small team of scientists and engineers pushing the boundaries of discovery at the intersection of computer science and biotechnology. Using our diverse backgrounds ranging from machine learning to genome engineering to protein biochemistry, we are building a platform to uncover and characterize nature's inventions on an unprecedented scale to generate impactful applications in human health and sustainability.
We seek highly-motivated individuals with the dedication, integrity, and creative spirit needed to thrive in an innovative company. Working at Arbor offers a unique opportunity that combines the fast pace and growth opportunities of a startup with the intellectual rigor and creativity of academia. Our salaries are competitive, our benefits are generous, and our team is exceptional.
Arbor Biotechnologies is proud to be an inclusive workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.