Senior Systems Analyst
Title: Senior Systems Analyst
Pay Grade: Management
Starting Pay: $ 88,695.37
Departmental Mission Statement:Enhance access to justice through the effective use of technology. Partner with Judges and all Court Staff to use technology to speed the delivery of justice. Build a culture that values transparency, collaboration, inclusivity, and continuous improvement.
ORGANIZATIONAL PROFILE: https://www.mass.gov/orgs/judicial-information-services-department
Notes: This position is designated as Management and is covered by the Personnel Policies and Procedures Manual.
Compensationcommensurate with experience. You must upload a resume to your profile to be considered for this position, in addition to completing all the application steps.
First consideration will be given to those applicants that apply within the first 14 days.
This position is currently a hybrid position (subject to change).
Position Summary:Working within the JISD, the Senior Systems Analyst works with users and JISD partners to support, maintain, and grow enterprise services that power the day-to-day work of the Judiciary. The Senior Systems Analyst will develop a strong understanding of the individual systems and work closely with JISD peers and vendors to ensure applications are available, secure, and functioning as expected. The primary responsibility of this role is to lead analysis activities and project/tasks execution. Additionally, the Senior Systems Analyst will collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand end-user needs and articulate business and functional requirements. This position will plan and execute the implementation of functional and security patches to ensure applications are up to date. The successful candidate will enjoy having hands on technical responsibilities as well as the ability to lead and collaborate with users and technical resources.
Supervision Received:The Senior Systems Analyst reports to the Deputy Chief Information Officer for Enterprise Applications or his/her designee and receives general direction in performing duties in accordance with established guidelines.
- Oversee day-to-day operations of MassCourts, eFiling, eAccess, Judicial Tools, and other enterprise applications using professional judgement and department standards.
- Configure changes in MassCourts systems aligned with business requirements and perform comprehensive testing with business units for overall functionality and technical quality of deliverables.
- Review and test new functionality, patches, and releases prior to deployment.
- Partner closely with business analysts and other JISD teams as needed to understand service-impacting incidents, determine root causes, and implement effective resolutions in a timely manner, keeping stakeholders informed and managing expectations.
- Analyze system requirements and address any relevant problems, and liaise with users to track additional requirements and features.
- Effectively communicate insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management.
- Troubleshoot technical issues and identify modifications needed in existing applications to meet changing user requirements and provide solutions to ensure high levels of performance and security.
- Plan, execute, and review system and system component testing, especially the testing of unusually complex or critical systems or components.
- Provide administrative services for installed enterprise software solutions, including, but not limited to, user privilege and global parameter maintenance.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of change management, incident management, and problem management practices.
- Conduct analysis of the functionality of business needs and recommend solutions that create a seamless end-user experience, and ensure that business needs are clearly identified, designed, and documented.
- Troubleshoot escalated service tickets and ensure prompt resolution.
- Create appropriate documentation including, but not limited to, user cases, current and future state comparisons, functional requirements, data flow diagrams, and end-user acceptance testing (UAT).
- May function as an application subject matter expert with business partners and technical community.
- Performs related duties as required.
Job Competencies:All applicants must be able, through the interview process, to prove efficiency in the following areas:
Ethics and Values: Communicates and demonstrates the ethics and values of the Judicial Branch.
Mission: Understands, upholds, and communicates the Judicial Branch and Information Services missions.
Applied Knowledge: Understands information services operations, specialized tools, applications, and software, with some understanding of the various court departments and divisions
Continuous Learning: Demonstrates a commitment to continuously improve their knowledge of fast-changing computer programs, hardware and software through professional development.
Commitment to Diversity: Promotes an environment of diversity through understanding, respect, and positive communication with persons of varies racial, ethnic, economic and cultural backgrounds.
Customer Service: Conducts oneself in a courteous and professional manner when assisting all employees of the Judiciary, regardless of their position in the Judiciary.
Collaboration: Works with others cooperatively, demonstrating a willingness to be a team player, and contributing to a work environment that focuses on shared departmental goals.
Problem Solving: Accurately assesses workplace problems in TCIS and recommends and facilitates appropriate solutions.
- Minimum Requirements: These are the minimum requirements necessary to apply for the position of Senior Systems Analyst:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in a field of Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, or Computer Engineering and three years of professional experience in a technical position, or seven or more years of or equivalent experience working as an Application Administrator, or Systems Analyst
- Experience with production environment support, including receiving incidents and requests from end-users, analyzing them, and either responding to the end user with a solution or escalating it to the other JISD teams
- Working experience with relational databases: Oracle, SQL, and PL/SQL programming
- Experience training users on software applications
- General knowledge of networking and client/server technology
- Hands on experience with software development and documentation
- Strong ability to create positive and professional business relationships with internal clients and provide excellent end user service
- Experience preparing and maintaining technical and end-user documentation.
- Experience supervising vendors in the implementation and support of software solutions
- Master's degree (preferred)
- Ability to analyze technical problems and to develop feasible short-term, and long-term solutions
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, and the ability to work effectively with technical and non-technical people at all levels of the organization
- Ability to properly rank competing work priorities and to work efficiently to fulfill those priorities in a timely manner
- Proven learning ability in a complex business environment and the capability to work both independently and as part of a team, with little supervision
- ITIL certification (preferred)
Closing Date/Time: 2024-02-15