Service Delivery Manager – Appellate Courts
Title: Service Delivery Manager - Appellate Courts
Pay Grade: Senior Management
Starting Pay: $105,858.26
Departmental Mission Statement: Enhance access to justice through the effective use of technology. Partner with Judges and all Court Staff to use technology to speed the delivery of justice. Build a culture that values transparency, collaboration, inclusivity, and continuous improvement.
ORGANIZATIONAL PROFILE: https://www.mass.gov/orgs/judicial-information-services-department
First consideration will be given to those applicants that apply within the first 14 days.
Employment is contingent upon passage of a criminal record check.
Position Summary:As a member of the Judiciary's Service Delivery Team, the Service Delivery Manager for the Appellate Courts is responsible for maintaining a positive relationship with customers, identifying customer needs and ensuring the Judicial Information Services Department (JISD) is committed to the continual improvement of systems and system-related processes that impact the Appellate Courts. This position will ensure the ongoing operation and support of technology for the Supreme Judicial Court, the Appeals Court, and the Board of Bar Examiners. The Service Delivery Manager has the responsibility for directly supporting and supervising other JISD staff who provide support to Appellate judges, staff, and other employees in their use of information technology software and hardware.
Supervision Received:The Service Delivery Manager for the Appellate Courts reports to the Deputy Chief Information Officer (DCIO) for Service Delivery and receives general direction in performing duties in accordance with established guidelines.
• Direct and supervise others in providing support to judges, court staff, and others who utilize information technology systems, telecommunications systems and video conferencing systems
• Utilize ServiceNow to monitor support analyst metrics for call time, hold time, average time to answer. Review trends, develop reports and utilize information from the call management system in supervising staff and improving outcomes as directed
• Establish and maintain solid relationships with key stakeholders in the functional areas of the Appellate Courts
• Work with court officials to align and understand business strategies and develop plans for court functions
• Resolve cross-functional opportunities to ensure an exceptional support level
• Ensure that JISD has the capabilities and resources required to support new investments
• Responsible to foster and lead by example required behaviors within IT communities
• Provide solutions with an understanding of organization-level implications
• Research and identify enabling solutions, best practices and technologies to proactively address customer requirements
• Responsible for identifying, monitoring, and responding to risk, issues and dependencies
• Support the DCIO for Service Delivery in the development of an operating budget, annual team goals and in creating a culture of collaboration, continuous learning, and development
• Work with JISD and leadership of the Appellate Courts to develop and monitor IT budget
• Partner closely with vendors to understand and impact product roadmaps, define processes, and to leverage their expertise
• Proactively identify opportunities for system improvement, cost savings, process improvement, and training
• Perform related duties as required
Job Competencies:All applicants must be able, through the interview process, to prove efficiency in the following areas:
Ethics and Values Communicates and demonstrates the ethics and values of the Judicial Branch.
Mission Understands, upholds, and communicates the Judicial Branch and Information Services missions.
Applied Knowledge Understands information services operations, specialized tools, applications, and software, with some understanding of the various court departments and divisions
Continuous Learning Demonstrates a commitment to continuously improve their knowledge of fast-changing applications/programs, hardware and software through professional development.
Commitment to Diversity Promotes an environment of diversity through understanding, respect, and positive communication with persons of varied racial, ethnic, economic and cultural backgrounds.
Customer Service Conducts oneself in a courteous and professional manner when assisting all employees of the Judiciary, regardless of their position in the Judiciary.
Collaboration Works with others cooperatively, demonstrating a willingness to be a team player, and contributing to a work environment that focuses on shared departmental goals.
Problem Solving Accurately assesses workplace problems in JISD and recommends and facilitates appropriate solutions.
• A Bachelor's degree in a related field and (5) five years of experience working in progressively responsible information technology positions. Two (2) of the requisite years of experience should be related to IT Service Delivery; ITIL Certified is a plus
• Equivalent combinations of education and relevant experience will be considered for meeting the minimum job requirements
Additional Qualifications and Skills
• Experience providing support to Judges, Senior Leaders, or C-Suite executives
• Professional written and verbal communication skills to present ideas in a clear and concise manner; interpersonal skills
• Ability to effectively manage time and multiple projects to meet deadlines
• Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel
• Ability to trouble-shoot technical problems and to coordinate hardware and/or software solutions
• Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects
• Professional attitude, enthusiastic, and reliable
• Ability to build and influence strategic vendor partnerships
• Ability to lead and manage technical and analyst resources level of overall service being provided
• Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills with all management levels
• Understand current market/changing technology trends
• Ability to develop roadmaps containing sequencing of IT solutions working towards the achievement of the business strategies
• Experience managing or directly providing customer support
• Experience with courtroom processes and technologies preferred
• Ability to adapt to a fast-moving technology landscape and keep pace with the latest thinking and new technologies.
• Familiarity with ticketing systems such as Kace or ServiceNow.
• Use of a personal vehicle, with mileage reimbursement, to visit work sites and to assist at emergencies and/or events as needed.
Closing Date/Time: 2023-12-10