Staff Geologist / Scientist I
Roux Associates Inc
Job Type: Regular Full Time
Education: Bachelor's Degree
This position will assist the project team and Project Manager in providing field support, and technical assistance on environmental investigation and remediation projects.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant technical field.
- Typically requires 0-2 years of experience.
- Ability to safely perform various routine field activities including but not limited to applying proper sampling techniques for all environmental media and overseeing and directing subcontractors.
- Exhibits strong work ethic, positive attitude, and general enthusiasm for the work.
- Entry level data evaluation and analytical skills.
- Field Activities:
- Assists other technical staff in calibration of sampling/monitoring equipment, soil sampling, well installation, development and purging, groundwater sampling, vapor/indoor air sampling, remediation monitoring, and oversight.
- Project Assistance:
- Assists project team in preparation and review of data tables, soil boring logs, and figures and other components of technical reports.
Physical Demands/Work Environment Conditions
This position works predominantly in the field working independently or as part of a larger team at exterior project sites (i.e., industrial/brownfield facilities, monitoring wells, treatment systems, construction projects) to perform sample collection, recording of operational/meter parameters, and oversight of subcontractors (e.g., drillers, heavy equipment operators, truckers). These field activities require the ability to drive to different project sites and physically move around outdoors in various terrains, in adverse weather conditions and occasionally for extended or irregular hours. Conducting work involves the use of hand-held monitoring instruments and tools, as well as water sampling equipment, which requires the ability to routinely lift and carry objects, stand, walk, reach, bend, squat, kneel and twist. Office work is primarily stationary/sedentary using a computer and keyboard/mouse requiring repetitive hand movements.
Roux is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or protected veteran status; and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Roux will take steps to assure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. Accordingly, if reasonable accommodation is required to fully participate in the job application or interview process, or to perform the essential functions of the position, please contact HR@rouxinc.com .
Location: Burlington, MA 01803 US (Primary)