Student Financial Services Systems Specialist
The Student Financial Services Systems Specialist acts as the key technology expert and business analyst for all Student Financial Services (SFS) functions. Responsible for planning and managing the information technology systems, databases, and interfaces necessary to deliver the College's student financial services. Includes identifying and implementing new technologies and business processes to improve service delivery.
- Overall management of SFS technical operation, including two major information systems-Workday Student (student billing) and PowerFAIDS (financial aid).
- Manages SFS data for local and larger enterprise functions.
- Responsible for end-user programming in SFS systems including development of system rules, algorithms, and data extracts.
- Liaison to ITSD on all information technology concerns including data use, data integrity, data security, hardware implementation, and upgrades.
- Manages and updates system interfaces: admission data loads (Slate and ERX), registration data loads, federal student aid internet gateway (SAIG), CSS Profile and IDOC files, CSS PowerFAIDS disbursements (financial aid), ELM (loan disbursements), Adirondack (housing), CBord (meal plans), Workday Finance (general ledger), federal 1098T data, health insurance enrollment data, 1042s data, Nelnet payment, and payment plan data.
- Compiles and provides key SFS-related data for various reports, rankings, and surveys including Babson College institutional research and internal requests, IPEDS, Common Data set, MA OSFA data, NCAA Division III, as well as all external ad hoc requests.
- Planning and management of system conversions and new technologies.
- Liaison to user groups and system vendors.
- Analyzes business problems. Designs, develops, and documents system enhancements and procedures to improve business problems and processes.
- Design, develop, and document report formats.
- Responsible for testing, troubleshooting, and installing system upgrades, and troubleshooting any technical issues that arise within the SFS systems.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as required.
Minimum Level of Education Required Bachelor's degree or equivalent
Position Knowledge/Skills & Abilities Requirements:
- At least 3+ years of experience in data management (Cloud and relational database environment).
- Ability to succeed in a customer-oriented, technology-intensive work environment.
- Ability to manage complex systems and processes.
- Strong analytical, communication, and teamwork skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Access including advanced querying and VBScript programming skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel creating and using pivot tables.
- Knowledge of CSS PowerFAIDS and/or Workday systems a plus.
- Knowledge of accounting and general ledger structure a plus.
- Knowledge of business process improvement techniques a plus.
- Envisions and proposes new methods to perform tasks that support ET&A; takes thoughtful risks; and accepts new and ongoing initiatives, objectives, and solutions to gain sought-after results.
- Anticipates and embraces change; demonstrates willingness to achieve, acquire, and utilize new skills and challenging tasks; and is flexible in changing conditions.