Hydroid is now a proud part of Huntington Ingalls Industries. Together we offer the full range of UUVs from small class to extra-large class. Learn more here: https://tsd.huntingtoningalls.com/capabilities/unmanned-systems/
Hydroid's REMUS and Seaglider AUVs provide innovative and reliable solutions for the marine research, defense and commercial markets. Hydroid employees are passionate about their work and strive to produce top-quality products and service. All products are designed, manufactured, marketed and sold from the Hydroid facilities in Cape Cod, MA and Lynnwood, WA.
Lead an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to a variety of efforts relating to technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. This person will work closely with the engineering team to transfer product definitions into verified specifications that result in successfully released existing and new products.
- Performs analyses at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, and maintenance.
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Demonstrates attention to detail and develops and maintains accurate documentation.
- Leads the creation and maintenance of a of a documented and released System Engineering process to achieve Hydroid business goals.
- Familiar with systems that include hardware and software components developed and produced for DoD use.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS in Engineering from four-year College or university or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years related and/or training experience or equivalent combination of education and experience with design of complex systems and with System Design methodologies, including requirements management and overall system design.
- Underwater manufacturing or manufacturing experience is a plus.
- Experience with DoDAF documentation and system descriptions.
- Experience with hardware/software requirements definition, design, test, integration, troubleshooting (particularly Root Cause Analysis).
- Experience with hardware configuration management in a DoD environment - ECP, RFV
- Experience with generation of work for ROM/Proposal
- Experience as a Cost Account Manager (CAM)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience with IBM DOORS Requirements Management software desired
A condition of this position will require the successful Applicant to pass a government security investigation and must subsequently receive authorization to access US Department of Defense Controlled Unclassified Information ("CUI") and potentially classified information.
We offer a very competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including 75% company paid medical and dental insurance. The company also offers paid Life, STD, LTD, tuition reimbursement and 401K with company match, and more.
Hydroid is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/AA/M/F/V/D Employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need assistance with the application process as a result of your disability please call 1-508-563-6565 or mail your request to 1 Henry Drive, Pocasset, MA 02559, Attn: Employment Application Assistance.
Don't forget to check us out here!