Talent Development Manager
Simpson Gumpertz & Heger
We want someone passionate about developing and retaining top talent
Are you passionate about learning and employee development? Do you want to work in a growing and industry-leading organization with a focus on elevating the employee experience? Grab this fantastic opportunity and join our highly collaborative and passionate Talent Development (TD) team. You will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the firm, enhancing our talent development agenda to ensure SGH continues to be a career destination for exceptional talent.
What Youll Be Doing:
Simpson Gumpertz & Heger (SGH) is looking for an experienced learning/TD professional to join our highly respected Talent Development Team at our headquarters in Waltham, MA. The ideal candidate will bring energy and experience designing, implementing, and leading learning/talent development initiatives. This includes developing and facilitating trainings, designing interactive and multimedia solutions; supporting event/program planning; collaborating with teammates and subject matter experts; researching and recommending learning resources and solutions; and helping administer/maintain content/events in our well-established learning management system (LMS). Our ideal candidate is ready to coach and lead a talent development team of four and to champion our programs to staff, managers, and leaders.
Why Youll Like Working at SGH:
Our work: Our clients partner with us for more than just technical knowledge. They come to us with their most challenging issues and we leverage our collective expertise to deliver exceptional results.
Our people: We are people of high character and diverse talents who work hard and laugh often. We offer robust wellness and employee assistance programs, paid time off and flexible work arrangements, and retirement plan options that include generous company contributions.
Our commitment: Committed individuals embrace an obligation to give back to others. We are driven to share our knowledge and energy outside of the office to help improve our chosen professions and local communities.
What Youll Need:
- 7-10 years of experience designing & delivering training and development programs and experiences.
- Bachelors degree with a focus in Instructional Design, Communications, Education, and/or Organizational Development. An advanced degree is a bonus.
- Thrives in fast-paced learning, talent, and interactive design/development environment
- Strong knowledge of e-learning platforms, LMS systems and content-creation tools
- Skilled leader and manager with an established track record of hiring, developing and retaining top talent.
- Experience in the full spectrum of synchronous and asynchronous program development (e.g., curriculum writing, program design, facilitation, and e-learning/multimedia development).
- Experience in instructional design and interactive/multimedia development (experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Articulate, Camtasia, and Microsoft Office preferred).
- Experienced in developing and facilitating presentations/trainings, with a polished, persuasive, and appealing style.
- Proactive, independent, and able to prioritize/manage competing requests and deadlines in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
- Extremely organized and focused on detail/quality.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
SGH is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value diversity in our workforce. We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all job applicants and employees. We consider all qualified applicants and encourage individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to apply. If the application system is not accessible to you, or you need a reasonable accommodation to apply due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.