Technical Support HEU – UK Office
To exceed customer expectations through repair, maintenance and support of our Autonomous Underwater Vehicles and associated equipment.
- Provides testing and troubleshooting through specific test procedures and through the use of measuring instruments and computer test programs for vehicle systems or products. *
- Provides customer support and training for new and existing customers both in house and in the field. *
- Supports the production and manufacturing functions upon request of HYD.*
- Undertakes vehicle repairs, upgrades and execution of test procedures in new and existing vehicles. *
- Have above average computer skills.
- Performs pre-mission tasks (vehicle mission programming, vehicle checkout). Able to recognize when laid down specifications have been exceeded.
- Performs post mission data download and analysis
- Leads normal vehicle systems field operations for testing. Design mission to perform needed tasks and achieve optimum information from mission. Understand procedures to rectify any inconsistencies in data.
- Documents test results with appropriate information in a complete manner and communicate to all required. *
- Maintain and update Vehicle Service Records, RMAs and Support Tickets in a clear and concise manner. *
- Reads and interprets specific test procedures to properly perform and document test results. *
- Performs all job responsibilities in support of Product Quality Standards. *
- Communicates all design problems and "bugs" to the correct areas within the organization. *
- Travel as required for up 4 weeks, any one trip. Extended travel will be by agreement.
- Must be able to work in the field unsupervised.
- Recognize and apply appropriate Health and Safety at Work guidelines to their environment, remaining current in appropriate training and identify any new training required to ensure risk is minimized in any task, new or existing.
- Recognize and apply appropriate ESD procedures in both the workshop and field environments.
- Recognized diploma or general education degree; and two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with test equipment: multimeter, oscilloscope, electronic loads, LCR meter, etc. Soldering skills are required (experience with military and IPC soldering standards desired but not required)
- Field technicians are required to have a working knowledge of nautical charts, marine navigation and basic seamanship skills in order to undertake risk evaluation whilst at sea.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have working knowledge of Microsoft Word; Microsoft Excel; AutoCAD, Ftp transfer protocols and Internet Explorer as a minimum. Working knowledge of other applications appropriate to the position will be expected during employment.
- The ideal candidate is an individual that can work in a fast paced environment; with a high attention to detail, excellent problem solving skills, ability to multi-task and enthusiastic attitude.
A condition of this position will require the successful Applicant to pass a government security investigation and must subsequently receive authorization to access US Department of Defense Controlled Unclassified Information ("CUI") and potentially classified information. We offer a very competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Don't forget to check us out here!