Territory Manager – CPG
Your primary responsibility includes increasing sales, on shelf presence to 95%, market share and profit for Proctor & Gamble and Acosta by calling on Store Managers, Market Managers, and Asset Protection Managers on your route.
You will also be responsible for building strong relationships with customer accounts resulting in deep market penetration within a specific division and/or geography.
- Serve as the subject matter expert and advocate, and specifically the Proctor & Gamble category product lines that you support (currently Fabric, PHC, Skincare and Oral)Call on customers at a store and regional level developing productive working relationships with the customer's Senior Operations and Asset Protection Managers leading to measurable results in the areas of on-shelf availability, shelving, distribution and merchandising
- Develops strong collaborative relationships with Store Managers, Department Managers, & Regional Loss Prevention Managers to help open doors and remove barriers to retail execution of P&G plans.
- Improve On Shelf Availability at retail - work towards goal of 95% OSA
- Increase yearly sales index to show growth versus national trends
- Provide field training support and expertise at the retail store level
- Identify best practices, barriers, and help needed to bring recommendations to Proctor & Gamble and Acosta to continuously improve results
- Expand customer relationships beyond normal day-to-day contacts to help overcome obstacles and barriers to low compliance and sales
- Engage the influencers and decision makers at each store, to agree to plans to drive OSA in SAM territory. Develop action plans and engage all appropriate store, market & regional contacts
- Consistently set performance data and sales trends to drive discussions at each store to highlight opportunities and areas of concern
- Collaborate with Retail Business Managers on all major retail initiatives (new product introductions, selling drives, contests, etc.)
- Collaborate with local Acosta managers and field team to coordinate a successful solution-based team approach through training, conference calls and work with's
- Data capture & insight reporting daily & weekly, creating business case studies for share & reapply across all retailers. Document successful case studies, highlighting joint value creation between account & P&G
- Provide information on local competitive activity, customer feedback/needs, and marketplace successes to identify similar client/customer opportunities.
- Complete special projects as requestedonsisting of up to 30 locations, visiting stores 4-5 days a week.
- Bachelor of Arts Degree or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of six months of relevant experience in retail (CPG industry), marketing, space management and/or resets. Sales administration or finance experience preferred.
- Expertise in Microsoft software: PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Outlook and thorough knowledge of web based applications. Must have excellent presentation and communication skills. Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must have a valid driver's license
- This position requires that you drive on behalf of Acosta Sales & Marketing, and as such, any DUI/DWI conviction in the past 36 months will be an immediate disqualifier for this position
Acosta Sales & Marketing is an Equal Opportunity Employer
By submitting your application you agree with and accept the Acosta Privacy Statement and Terms of Conditions.